You can view SMS delivery status in “Message History > SMS Messages > Sent Items”.
For administrator, you can view all SMS status in “Application Message History > SMS Messages > Sent Items”.
Status: R = Message received in recipient’s handset
Status: S = RapidSMS sent message but recipient’s Telco or mobile carrier did not deliver the message to Handset. This is beyond RapidSMS’s control.
Reason for status to be S could be:
- Mobile number that is not in use
- Recipient’s experience weak mobile signal or handset is faulty hence message couldn’t be delivered after the system retries a few times.
- Recipient’s phone is switched off
- Recipient’s is out of their country and on roaming
- Recipient’s Telco or mobile carrier didn’t acknowledge message
Note: Sender ID with only two character may be block by certain mobile handset. RapidSMS recommends user to keep Sender ID within three to eleven characters.