In EasiShare, user can share files/folders through the following ways:
- Share Function (Internal vs. External)
Internal Share: allows user to share files with Internal EasiShare Users (users in your active directory).
External Share: allows user to share files with non-EasiShare users (people who are not found in your active directory or are not using EasiShare); These people would be given a link to EasiShare Download portal to download the shared documents.
- Manage Function
User can only perform Manage function for internal users. This function allows user to collaborate with other users.
Below are the summary of two key points that differentiate Share and Manage:
|Share Function||Manage Function|
|Can be performed on both internal and external users||Can be performed only on internal users|
|When user shares a document, and the recipients amend the document shared, no changes will be reflected on the original document.||When user manages a folder with documents, and the recipients amend the documents shared, changes will be reflected on the original document.|
Steps to Share My File(s)/Folder(s):
- Click on the file/folder that wants to be shared
- Right-click and select "Share" or click on the menu bar on the top right-hand of the screen
- The "Share" form will pop up and user can fill in the details before clicking "Share" button
Steps to Manage Folder(s):
- Click on the folder that wants to be managed to other users
- Right-click and select "Manage: or click on the menu bar on the top right-hand of the screen
- The "Manage" form will pop up and user can fill in the details before clicking "Apply" button