When you select "Use Push" your message will be sent as a Push Notification instead of a SMS to your recipients with RapidSMS App. Your recipients must download the RapidSMS APP (FREE) to receive your IP Message.
Sending IP text message is free for the first year hence this is how you can reduce cost. Other than the 3000 characters text message, you can send attachment like pictures, videos, document or sever log files in .txt format.
If your recipients do not have RapidSMS App, they will receive a SMS instead.
2 steps to reduce SMS cost with 'Use Push'
Step 1: Educate your recipients on how to download the RapidSMS App by sharing How to install RapidSMS APP or this printable.
Step 2: On 'Broadcast SMS' or 'Batch SMS' select "Use Push" before you sending your messaging
- How RapidSMS App works and what are the features?
- How do I send my first Push Message via RapidSMS App?
- How do I send my first Picture Message via RapidSMS App?
- How to send your first Message with Attachment to RapidSMS App?
- How do I register my company logo in RapidSMS App?
- How to install RapidSMS App (for recipients)?